If you want to protect and extend the life of your prosthesis, then it’s important to invest in your investment. With proper care and use, your prosthesis can stay better-preserved for longer, saving you money and creating less waste.
- Use a gentle soap to hand wash every few days, or when you’re in hot, humid weather.
- Wash after sweating or use in chlorine pool.
- Do dry gently with a soft cloth or towel.
- Do not apply lotion, perfume, or deodorant near your prosthesis.
- Avoid use of scented soaps and essential oils.
- Do not leave out. When not in use, store prosthesis in its original box to preserve shape.
Signs it’s Time to Replace Your Prosthesis:
Has your weight recently changed?
Weight fluctuations can affect the fit of your prosthesis. Make an appointment with a Certified Mastectomy Fitter for a complimentary re-fitting.
How's your prosthesis looking?
Appearance of cracks or splits may indicate that the prosthesis is wearing out and losing its shape. It might be time to shop for a new prosthesis.